PRE-SUMMIT WORKSHOPS | JULY 30, 2018
9:00 am - 10:00 am REGISTRATION AND COFFEE
9:50 am - 10:00 am CHAIRPERSON’S OPENING ADDRESS
10:00 am - 12:00 pm WORKSHOP A: DESIGNING AND SELECTING MATERIALS IN A SEAT SYSTEM FOR HARDNESS AND COMFORT
· Objective and subjective evaluations of seat hardness for seating comfort
· Objective seat hardness performance methods focusing on Load Deflection Measurements
· Subjective evaluation of hardness focusing on perception and task (seated support feel vs hand feel)
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm LUNCH AND NETWORKING
All the morning hustle and bustle has probably made for a much-needed lunch break! Join us for a delicious lunch and make new friends at your table.
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm WORKSHOP B: DIFFERENTIATING MATERIALS, PROCESSES AND NEEDS: EVALUATING STEEL PROCESSING AND USES
• How will seating control, mechanics, springs, and motors change to meet new needs?
• Looking at new track configurations to move seating into new interior positions
• Motorizing seat configurations: thinking through response times and safety when shifting from driver to passenger
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING
Grab some tea and chat about the workshop takeaways.