PRE-SUMMIT WORKSHOPS | JULY 30, 2018
9:00 am - 10:00 am REGISTRATION AND COFFEE
9:50 am - 10:00 am CHAIRPERSON’S OPENING ADDRESS
10:00 am - 12:00 pm WORKSHOP A: DESIGNING FOR COMFORT & DURABILITY: TESTING AND SOURCING SEATING FOAM AND FABRIC
• As the global transportation industry moves to mobility systems, what factors need to be considered when sourcing auto seating materials?
• Designing for the wear and tear of higher usage with car share and ride share systems
• Reshaping your supply chain strategies to integrate new materials
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm LUNCH AND NETWORKING
All the morning hustle and bustle has probably made for a much-needed lunch break! Join us for a delicious lunch and make new friends at your table.
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm WORKSHOP B: DIFFERENTIATING MATERIALS, PROCESSES AND NEEDS: EVALUATING STEEL PROCESSING AND USES
• How will seating control, mechanics, springs, and motors change to meet new needs?
• Looking at new track configurations to move seating into new interior positions
• Motorizing seat configurations: thinking through response times and safety when shifting from driver to passenger
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING
Grab some tea and chat about the workshop takeaways.