MAIN CONFERENCE DAY TWO | AUGUST 1, 2018
8:00 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION AND COFFEE
9:00 am - 9:15 am CHAIRPERSON’S OPENING ADDRESS
9:15 am - 10:00 am KEYNOTE ADDRESS: DEVELOPING NEW TECHNOLOGIES TO MAKE AUTO SEATS FILL OTHER ROLES FOR PASSENGERS: COMFORT AND FLEXIBILITY
• What are automotive smart seating systems?
• Outlining the components of a closed loop, comfort system
• The role of health and wellness systems in auto seating.
10:00 am - 10:45 am ADDING MECHANICAL ELEMENTS TO AUTOMOTIVE SEATING FOR MASSAGING, THERMAL, SWIVELING AND SLIDING
• Making auto seating an added luxury to differentiate your brand
• Identifying how seating configurations are becoming a central selling point of now and future transportation
• Moving from a driver’s position to passenger: the mechanics of seat tracking
10:45 am - 11:15 am MORNING COFFEE AND NETWORKING
Continue the conversation over some light, mid-morning snacks and coffee.
11:15 am - 12:00 pm DEVELOPING DRIVERLESS SEATING WITH PASSENGER PRIORITY SEATING DESIGN
• What types of new technology can we add to automotive seating to change perceptions of seating as a static, utilitarian automotive component?
• Getting creative with the future of auto seating design
• Integrating interior systems with auto seating
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm LUNCH AND MEET & GREET
All the morning hustle and bustle has probably made for a much-needed lunch break! Join us for a delicious lunch and make new friends at your table.
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm ENVISIONING THE FUTURE ARCHITECTURE OF SEATING: A CASE STUDY
• How are new designers planning for seating in new interiors for autonomous vehicles?
• Meeting the seating challenges posed by OEMs
• Brainstorming advanced ideas for full systems integration
1:45 pm - 2:30 pm CHANGING SEATING REGULATIONS: PREPARING FOR INCREASED SAFETY CHALLENGES AS AUTONOMOUS JOINS TRAIDTIONAL DRIVERS ON THE ROAD
• Evaluating the different driving responses of autonomous and traditional drivers, and how that affects seating safety regulations
• How will added safety challenges affect regulations around implementing new technologies for smart and responsive seating?
• Preparing for LATCH changes on child seating as we move to autonomous vehicles
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING
Take a few minutes to recharge yourself before we jump into the next information packed session!
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm USING NEW INNOVATIVE MATERIALS: SMART, INTERACTIVE AND LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIALS FOR SEATING
• Sourcing seating fabrics that incorporate sensors
• Looking at the future of materials: smart materials that sense-react to external environmental conditions and alter their state and functionality
• What is the difference between passive and active sensors?