MAIN CONFERENCE DAY ONE | JULY 31, 2018
8:00 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION AND COFFEE
9:00 am - 9:15 am CHAIRPERSON’S OPENING ADDRESS
9:15 am - 10:00 am KEYNOTE ADDRESS: PREPARING FOR AN UNPREDICTABLE AUTONOMOUS FUTURE: DEVELOPING RESPONSIVE STRATEGIES FOR SEATING
• What will change with automotive seating as our transportation systems shift to semi- and fully autonomous vehicles, and mobility?
• Rethinking seating utility as we redesign auto interiors to meet a new set of consumer wants and needs
• Ensuring safety in the new auto seating environment
10:00 am - 10:45 am DEVELOPING NEW SEATING SYSTEMS FOR AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES
• Designing seating as your vehicle becomes a work space, entertainment module, or sleep cabin
• How will seating configurations change?
• Thinking through different strategies to provide flexibility to multiple autonomous car users
10:45 am - 11:15 am MORNING COFFEE AND NETWORKING
Join your peers to continue the discussion while networking over refreshments.
11:15 am - 12:00 pm DESIGNING SEATING HEALTH MONITORING SYSTEMS TO INCREASE PASSENGER SAFETY
• Thinking through auto seating design to include biosensors to track driver/passenger health, stress levels, and energy levels
• Tracking health data and developing a feedback loop in seating systems to provide real-time comfort and safety solutions
• How to maximize information gathered by biosensors to increase comfort and safety
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm LUNCH AND MEET & GREET
All the morning hustle and bustle has probably made for a much-needed lunch break! Join us for a delicious lunch and make new friends at your table.
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm CREATING THE COMFORT OF HOME FOR PASSENGERS
• Making auto seating an added luxury to differentiate your brand
• Identifying how seating configurations are becoming a central selling point of now and future transportation
• Moving from a driver’s position to passenger: the mechanics of seat tracking
1:45 pm - 2:30 pm PLANNING OUTSIDE THE BOX: REALIZING OPPORTUNITIES COMING OUT OF CROWDSOURCING SEATING DESIGN
• Developing holistic HMI automotive seating
• Establishing benchmarks for wellness parameters in the biometric sensing system
• Replacing metal parts with plastic to increase light-weighting
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING
Take a few minutes to recharge yourself before we jump into the next information packed session!
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm USING MANUFACTURING SOFTWARE, PREDICTIVE SIMULATION, TESTING & PROTOTYPING TO REDUCE AUTO SEATING COSTS
• How can software be used in manufacturing to maximize production and efficiency?
• Adopting predictive simulation on seating development before prototyping
• Using new tech and data analytics during prototyping and testing